Thursday, December 24, 2015

The Wonderful Chronicles - Just Wonderful

May 28, 2015

I went back for another mammogram and an ultrasound for my left breast.  They found two 'sites', for which I'll have to have a "core" biopsy.  Which can't take place until June 10th.  I completely fell apart at the clinic but I'm calmer now.  The doctor came in and talked to me, reassuring me but also explaining what a lumpectomy is. I was crying uncontrollably--I've never even had a needle biopsy.

"Did you bring someone with you?" he asked.

"N-no."

"Can you get home by yourself?" His demeanor suggested half-concern, half what-the-fuck-do-I-do-with-this-madwoman.  I gasped yest.

I want to get in sooner, but the doctor can only do 2 procedures a day (?) and so if he has one already booked, I make 3 procedures, so they can't get me in any sooner. SORRY TO INTERFERE WITH YOUR SCHEDULE, MOTHERFUCKER, IT'S ONLY MY FUCKING BREAST.  I'LL BE FINE, ASSHOLE.



In brighter news, I followed my doctor's advice to take a fuckton of ibuprofen for a few days, to ease the inflammation in my knees.  It seems to have worked.  They generally haven't hurt that much anyway.

I know many of you have had severe health problems, so this must seem like small potatoes. 

(A/N: Oops)

No comments:

Post a Comment